Pages

Monday 11 May 2015

Cleckheaton Literature Festival

Our first literary festival was a fabulous success. Everyone worked so hard, and achieved a tremendous amount in a very short time. I'm so proud to have been a part of the team!

All our authors want to come back next year - which is a fabulous endorsement. They thought the festival was really well-run and that we were a lovely, friendly bunch!

The highlight for me was - of course - Andy Kershaw's one man show, The Adventures of Andy Kershaw. I'm so pleased he accepted my invitation to appear. We had a great audience, and Andy entertained us for nearly three hours without a break. He said I'd done him proud, and my friend brought a tear to my eye when she said that my mum and dad would have been proud of me too!

Bring on next year's festival!


No comments:

Post a Comment

First Advance Review For Each of Us a Petal

     REVIEW BY SUZANNE KAMATA Most of the stories in Amanda Huggins’s Each of Us A Petal take place in distinctly Japanese settings, such a...