Thursday 23 May 2019

My New Short Story Collection!

I'm delighted to announce that my new short story collection, Scratched Enamel Heart, will be published by Retreat West Books in Spring 2020! Here's what RWB had to say:-

Enamel_heart-Image

AMANDA HUGGINS SIGNED FOR SECOND SHORT STORY COLLECTION

We are delighted that Amanda Huggins, the first author signed to Retreat West Books, has signed with us again for her short story collection, Scratched Enamel Heart.
The stories in this collection show the strength and resilience of the human condition. Tales of hearts that are broken, won, mended and lost, tales of young hearts, jaded hearts, hearts that grieve deeply and soar with joy. 
Alongside new work that has not yet been published, Scratched Enamel Heart contains the story, Red, for which Amanda won third prize in the 2018 Costa Short Story Award.
Amanda Saint, publisher and commissioning editor at Retreat West Books, said:  “Amanda’s writing is beautiful and we are proud to be publishing it, and delighted that she has chosen to stay with us for her new collection of stories.”
Scratched Enamel Heart will be launched in Spring 2020.
Amanda said: “I was immensely proud to be the first writer signed by Retreat West Books, and I’m thrilled that they will be publishing my second collection, Scratched Enamel Heart, next Spring. It’s really exciting to be a part of the growing Retreat West family, and I’ll always be grateful to Amanda Saint for believing in my writing. 
She has achieved so much in such a short time – including her well-deserved shortlisting in the 2019 Saboteur Awards for most innovative publisher. I was pretty chuffed that my first collection, Separated From the Sea, received a special mention in the short story category as well, along with fellow RWB author, FJ Morris, and the charity anthology, Nothing Is As It Was. Not a bad achievement for a fledgling indie publisher!”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Vo(i)ces II - A Review by Cathy Bryant

VO(I)CES II - A REVIEW BY CATHY BRYANT Vo(i)ces II is an anthology of the winning and commended poems from The Victorina Press Vo(i)ces Poe...